Mark your calendars:
NEXT FHGC MEETING AND MORE....
March 9, 2020
Program: Texture and Foliage
Speaker: Jami Hooper, Craven County Master Gardener Volunteer Association
Bus Trip - April 21: Registration form at COPY, PASTE & PRINT tab
President's Luncheon - May 11: Registration form at COPY, PASTE & PRINT tab
SEE PROGRAMS & EVENTS TAB TO SEE WHAT IS SCHEDULED
For upcoming programs, please see the PROGRAMS AND SPEAKERS TAB
2019-2020 Membership Dues soon to be collected
SAVE A TREE
If your information has remained the same (phone #,
email, etc), no membership form is required (new members will
be asked to fill out membership forms). Dues are $10/household
(yes, spouses are welcome).
fees are due and payable on June 1.
Membership fees not paid by September 15 are considered delinquent, and
will not be listed in the 2019-2020 directory.
Drop off a check made out to the FHGC (or $10 cash)
to brown box of:
Jane Moore (6008 Booty Lane) or
Margaret Heberlein (2038 Royal Pines).
See PROGRAMS tab for schedule of programs
For those of you on Facebook....
The FHGC has been set up as a GROUP on Facebook. To become a member, please do a SEARCH or FIND for Fairfield Harbour Garden Club and put a request in to become a member.
Tryon Palace Garden Lecture Series – Offered free on second Saturdays (except April, October and December) in Cullman Hall at the NC History Center, 529 South Front Street, New Bern:
· February 8, 2020 - 10:00 AM - Bryce Lane, three-time Emmy Award winning television personality, will present “Of Quilts and Gardens: How Gardening Weaves Us Together”. Gardening is craft…just like quilting. This talk shares how gardening connects people and fosters special relationships, recounting personal gardening stories that inspire us to continue in this wonderful craft!
· March 14, 2020 - 10:00 AM - free showing of “The Biggest Little Farm”. The movie focuses on a couple and their journey to turn an old farm into a profitable living, and the challenges they face as they attempt to farm with nature. A discussion and sneak peek of plants available at the Tryon Palace Spring Plant Sale will follow.
CRAVEN COUNTY EXTENSION
Programs at the Craven County Extension Offices and Demonstration Gardens
Free Craven County Extension Service Third Saturday Garden Tours/ Workshops/ Plant Sales – Offered with the help of Extension Master Gardener Volunteers:
Demonstration Garden Tours - 9:00-10:00 AM - February, April, May, June, July and October. Note: No tours in March, August and September.
Plant Sales - 10:00-10:30 AM - April through August and October. Featuring plants grown by our Extension Master Gardeners.
Workshops - 10:30 am to 11:30 AM - February, March, April, May, June, July, August and October. Note: September 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Unless noted, all workshops take place at Craven Ag Building, 300
Industrial Drive (Exit 409 from 70W on Clark Road). Schedule subject to
Workshop topics include:
February 15, 2020 - 10:30-11:30 AM Spring Pruning, The Right Tool for the Job. (with outdoor demonstration) Presented by Tom Glasgow.
March 21, 2020 - 10:30-11:30 AM (* Offsite – Latham-Whitehurst Park) Spring into the Woods. Presented by Tom Glasgow.
April 18, 2020 - 10:30-11:30 AM Vegetables and Herbs, How to Have an Edible Landscape. Presented by Crop Masters.
May 16, 2020 - 10:30-11:30 AM Seasonal Pollinators, Supporting Beneficial Insects. Presented by Shawn Banks.
June 20, 2020 - 10:30-11:30 AM Landscape Selections for Hurricane Prone Areas, Before the Wind Blows.
July 18, 2020 - 10:30-11:30 AM Cacti and Succulents. Presented by Barbara Odgers.
August 15, 2020 - 10:30-11:30 AM Native Plants of the Croatan, Presented by Andrew Walker.
September 19, 2020 - 10:00 AM-12:00 PM (* Offsite: TBD) Tryon Palace Plant Sale Preview. Presented by Jennifer Knight and Hadley Cheris.
October 17, 2020 - 10:30-11:30 AM Looking Ahead to Spring Planting, Getting to the Root of Your Plants. Presented by Dr. Diana Rashash.
Extension Master Gardener Information Table at the New Bern Farmer’s Market - 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM each Saturday.
Pinecone Home and Garden Center – 4136 Dr.
M.L. King Jr. Blvd, New Bern (call 252-631-5975 to pre-register for these free
· February 15, 2020 – 11:00-12:30 PM Succulent Terrariums & Air Plants are Fun!
· February 29, 2020 – 11:00-12:30 PM Indoor Plants 101: The Ultimate Guide to Happy Houseplants
· March 7, 2020 – 11:00-12:30 PM Plant a Flower Day-Kid’s Edition
· March 19, 2020 – 5:30-7:00 PM Season Your Spring with a Savory Herb Garden
· March 28, 2020 – 11:00-12:30 PM How to Plan a Vegetable Garden: A Step-by-Step Guide with Rob